It’s no secret to anyone who has spent 10 minutes with me recently that I’m beyond ready for Baby Watson #2. Unfortunately, Baby Watson is ready yet, so in the meantime, I’ll enjoy not being pregnant. Yes, that’s right, I’m not pregnant–don’t worry, this isn’t a pregnancy announcement. This is a “okay, universe I’m ready” announcement.. hear that, universe? 🙂
Anyway, one of my favorite bloggers made a PrePregnancy Bucket List when she was trying for her 2nd baby, so I thought it’d be fun to do the same.
So here’s my list, aka a bunch of crap to do before I look like this again:
1) Buy a gosh darn house. Chris and I have been itching to buy a house ever since we’ve gotten married & before Elodie was born. We’ve never really been in a financial situation to do so, until now that we’re both working full time. So we’re saving away, along with paying down some debt, and will hopefully begin looking early next year.
2) Run some more races. I’ve definitely run more miles this year than I have in my whole life combined. Why stop now? We have another 10k coming up on Thanksgiving, and both Chris and I want to run a half marathon eventually. So, until I’m told I can no longer run, I’ll keep it up.
3) Soak up every last little second of Elodie being an only child. I can’t even fathom how our lives will change when/if another one comes along. So in the meantime, we’ll enjoy giving her our undivided attention.
4) Enjoy all that fall has to offer, including some of my favorite drinks that I could not enjoy while pregnant including a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte & seasonal beer.
5) As the weather gets cooler, I can enjoy my boots before my feet swell and electric blankets.
6) This one sort of goes along with #2, but in addition to running I can focus on getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Yeah, so what if it’s been almost 2 years since Elodie was born and I may or may not still be carrying around a few extra pounds of “baby weight.” 6 pounds to go until I’m satisfied.
7) This one goes along with #1, but when we move I can help Chris paint our apartment/new house. I don’t necessarily enjoying painting, but picking out new paint colors for a new house sounds like one of the most exciting things ever. Along with doing any DIY things that need to be done when we move into a house.
8) Have/attend a holiday party. I can buy a cute Halloween costume or a pretty holiday dress without having to outfit a baby bump.
9) Celebrate Chris’ BFF’s wedding. He’s getting married on Memorial Day Weekend 2013, so I’d like to have a fun time at the wedding.
10) Enjoy NOT changing diapers since Elodie is now POTTY TRAINED and enjoy sleeping through the night, most nights.
11) Rack up those sick days at work.
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I can think of for now. So I’m off to have a drink and lay on my belly to watch TV.
Anything you’re looking to accomplish, baby related or not?